-->

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Oven Pork Chops with Gravy

Dang! I hate it when I forget to take a picture of my finished product before I slop everything on my plate... Sometimes I'm just too hungry for a good picture.

I'm not quite sure how I know this recipe but it's pretty tasty.

All you'll need for this recipe is:
Pork chops
Cream of mushroom soup
Milk
Seasoning
Olive oil
Flour
Onion

Heat 3- 4Tbs olive oil in a pan on medium-high.

Season the pork chops on both sides
- my staples: minced garlic, cracked black pepper, thyme, onion powder and Lawry's.

Also make a mixture of flour with with the pepper and Lawry's in it.

Dredge the seasoned pork chop in the flour mixture and sear the coated meat in the HOT frying pan. two minutes or so on each side, try not to touch it until the two minutes is up so a nice crunchy golden crust is created. I also add in 1/4 of a chopped onion to saute with the meat.

While the meat is searing pour one can of cream of mushroom soup into an oven safe baking dish. Mix the soup with (approximately)one soup can full of milk and stir with a fork until the larger bits of soup are broken up. Add the sauteed onions to the soup mix and then the pork chops. Cover the chops in soup mix. Bake, covered in foil, at 350 degrees for 30 -45 minutes depending on pork chop thickness.

No comments:

Post a Comment