-->

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Chicken Pene Pesto

This is, by far, one of our easiest and most favorite meals to make at our house.

You will need:
1 Pkg of Knorr Creamy Pesto mix
Your favorite store bought pesto. We LOVE the Kirkland brand (from Costo)
Onion
Milk
Extra virgin olive oil
Sundried tomatoes
Sugar snap peas
chicken
seasoning

Start by cooking your chicken. We generally have the frozen - boneless/skinless chicken tenders in our freezer. I take about four of five tenders and cook them on medium-high heat in an oiled skillet. I season them with: Lawry's , garlic powder, fresh cracked pepper and Italian seasoning (basil, oregano, thyme, marjoram, garlic, rosemary). After one side has finished cooking I add 1/4 of an onion, diced. I remove the chicken and onions from the heat and chop the chicken into bite sized pieces.

Sauce:
Pour a cup of milk and 1/4 cup (only 1/4 because we will be adding more pesto later) of EVOO in a saucepan over medium heat. Dump in Knorr Pesto mix and whisk until it begins to thicken. At this time I usually add the sundried tomatoes and an extra 1/2 cup to 1 cup of the store bought pseto. Once I've tasted it and have teh desired pesto-y flavor I add in the chopped chicken/onion mixture and a handful (eeehhh... 1/2 cup or so until its nice and thick) of shredded parmesan cheese. At the very end when my noodles are almost finished cooking I add the sugar snap peas to the sauce and put the lid on.

To serve: Mix the noodles with the sauce until they are nicely coated and sprinkle with parmesan.
This could probably make 6 to 8 servings but with our family of two we tend to make a batch and have DELICIOUS leftovers.
Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment